Monday, February 18, 2019

Memorial flowers


“Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted. -Matthew 5:4 

Loosing a parent is so hard, when I lost my mom seven years ago, I struggled so much but the good Lord strengthen me, guided me and restored me all the way. There was one particular time when I woke up with the heaviest heart just a few weeks after my mom passed away and as I grieved, cried and tried to understand all of this, someone knocked on the door and there it was, a nice guy holding a bouquet of the cutest and brightest gerber daysies. Wow!! some sweet ladies thought of me and sent me those flowers to brighten my day, The Lord did that!! to remind me that I wasn't alone. Ever since, a bouquet of flowers had a whole different meaning to me. 

This weekend I had the honor to make the flowers for a sweet friend and her family as they celebrated and honored the life of their precious mom who went to be with our Lord this week. I prayed as I made their flower arrangements to brighten their day, like once they did to me... flowers give me a smile, I hope and pray they brought a smile to them too.





No comments:

Post a Comment